Topics

Monday, May 24, 2010

Progesterone and Holy Basil are a Godsend

Saturday I went to a vitamin shop suggested by my wonderful GP.  It was packed with women (I feel that's a testimony to the services they offered) and the owner talked to me about all my current issues and completely understood.  My lack of sleep is a menopause problem and she suggested Pro-Gest by Emerita.  Progesterone is a hormone I can take that won't feed endometriosis.  I've started on it slowly and last night was my first full dose and I got sleep without any sleep meds.  I'm feeling back to normal, I'm still tired but I have a lot of sleep to catch up on.  I'm really interested in the company that makes Pro-Gest, it's called Emerita and it's run by women and they have an 800 number that if you call and leave a message they will have a medical professional talk to you.  Women need women like this who care most about our health concerns.  The Holy Basil is an adaptogen and seems to be just generally good for you (like adding fish oil).  It reduces cortisol which in turns reduces inflammation, helps with stress.... studies are showing it to be helpful do reduce cancer growths, helps with sleep, and the list goes on.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptogen

I'm excited about getting more involved and understanding my body and its functions better.  I am feeling better with each day and I know one day I'll have normalcy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment